God Says I Am Enough (in Him)

 

Wanna know a Truth about being enough, sweet one?  

You are enough in Christ.

In other words, without Jesus, we have and are nothing. Without Jesus, we are not enough. We literally NEED Him. 

While doing research for this blog post and this week's theme of "I Am Enough", God kept pressing on me that this isn't about me or you - it's actually gotta be about Him. And in Him we are sufficient. (2 Corinthians 3:5)

Christ came to fulfill the law because without Him doing so, there's no way we'd make it through the gates of Heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20)

In late July of 2019, my family and I went to Kingdom Bound Music Festival in Western upstate New York. We were camping for the week, and it'd been a really difficult emotional and spiritual few months. My marriage was suffering greatly - far worse than I was aware - and I was downcast, overwhelmed, and didn't even know that I had underlying anxiety.

On the last morning of the festival, I woke up just as the sun was peaking above the treeline, and I heard God say "look outside". The tent door was open just enough to see the rising sun. And I heard Him say to me, "My love is enough and I am enough." It brought peace to my heart and I sat there in that truth for a little while. 

I had no idea how much I would need to remember that Word from my Father in the coming months, and years. I've kept it close to my heart, and He reminds me of this image when I am feeling beat down and worn out. When I'm hurting and grieving, when I'm confused and anxious; He puts this image in my mind and it brings me peace. 

His love is enough.

WORD STUDY:

What does "enough" mean?
As an adjective, according to Merriam-Webster, it means occurring in such quantity, quality, or scope as to fully meet demands, needs, or expectations.

The adverb description says enough means in or to a degree or quantity that satisfies or thats sufficient or necessary for satisfaction. 

And we are enough because He is enough. When we accept His gift of life, salvation, Truth, and forever with Him, we are enough. God won't love you more than He does right now, and He won't love you less than He does right now.

In Hebrew and greek, it means: sufficient, mighty, great, to be or become great, to be increased, according to the abundance of, to possessed of unfailing strength (hello! can we get an Amen on that one?!), to be strong, to be satisfied.

Does that not describe who Jesus is and what He did on the cross? Not to mention defeating death?

CONFESSION: Studying the word 'enough' biblically took me in different direction than what I intended to go. I kept running into "you have enough, you don't need anymore, be satisfied with what you have, etc.." and I continued to feel frustrated. I was trying to basically prove that you and I are enough - and we are; just not without Christ.

That was the point God needed me to get, and also the point He wanted me to share with you.

The very best that we'll ever have before, during, and after this life on earth is Jesus. Our Messiah. The Son of God. Teacher.

Check out the video I made about this topic - You are Enough!

Check out the entire Who I Am Collection here.


Beautiful one, if you struggle to remember that you are indeed Enough today, tomorrow, and every day hereafter, I created a few goodies just for you. 

I Am Enough SOAP STUDY: 


Jewelry & Accessories:

  

      


Visit the His Chosen Co Gifts Etsy Shop for more jewelry and accessories!

Printable Bible Journaling & Planner Stickers:

   

   


Resources:


Comments