The Breath of Life

 

Like most Christians, I am vehemently pro-life and also anti-abortion. I believe that life has value - all life. I believe that God created humans in His image. I believe that abortion is wrong in every case and I believe Roe V Wade being overturned was a blessing. 

I'm going to share a personal story with you.

I got pregnant with my amazing daughter, Emmah, at 17 years old. I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a mother, let alone a mother she deserves and needs. I don't remember how far along I was when I made an appointment at Planned Parenthood to get an abortion. I had already gone through the consultation with them and they gave me the "proof of pregnancy" paperwork and testing. 

About a week or so before the appointment I called to speak to one of the workers because that's what I was instructed to do if I had questions or concerns. I already was having doubts that this was the right thing to do. By the Grace of God, I spoke to a woman who encouraged me not to go through with the abortion because I wasn't sure about it. 

My intuition was screaming not to go through with it, so I listened. Thankfully. My daughter is, as of this writing, 19 years old and she's such a joy. She's caring, hilarious, and thoughtful.  

God created life.

God is good.

Therefore, life is good because God created life.

Why do humans believe we can determine which lives are worth living, and which lives aren't? My guess is pride. The very same pride that got Satan booted from Heaven.

Most people who claim to be pro-choice also know that abortion is wrong, but they justify it with rape or incest, which accounts for less than 1% of women who have stated it was the reason for their abortion. 3 out of 4 women stated that the reason for their abortion is elective or didn't state a reason.

I'm not going to judge someone who's received an abortion - God is better at that than I am and He knows their hearts. I don't. But I am going to do what I can to try to stop abortion to save lives and share the real truth with women who are considering going through with the life-altering procedure.

I've created a collection of accessories and printable/digital stickers called Breath of Life. The proceeds will be donated to life-Saving Pro-Life organizations such as March for Life, LiveAction, and more!


  

May God bless you abundantly! Thank you for reading. ♥ 




Comments