I Am of God

 

What does it mean to be of God?

As I was praying and seeking Wisdom from Father about what it means to be of Him, I heard "I am the One who is, who was, and is to come." (Revelation 1:4). Then I heard, "those who are of Me came from me, I am with them now, and they'll come back to Me."

Past, Present, Future

God made us in His likeness and image (Genesis 1:26) - we came from Him. If we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and have been baptized in the Holy Spirit, then He's with us now, covering us. Likewise, if we are in Christ, we will be with Father again in Heaven at the end of the age. From Him, in Him, to Him. OF HIM.

So, I started digging into the meaning of words like possession, created, and what it means to go back to the Father.

The meaning of Possession is ownership, the act of having or taking into control. The Hebrew meaning is something occupied, and also heritage, which I thought was cool. 

But didn't we just talk about how we're Free in Christ? YES! We did and yes we are! When we're of the world, we're not free at all - we're bound by obligations, expectations, and fleshly desires. When we're of Christ we get to CHOOSE those things OR Him. Being a possession of God isn't slavery - it's Freedom because God our Father and Creator gives us Free Will.

Created means to bring into existence (hello!), to produce through imaginative skill. Our God is an amazing and talented Creator! I mean, He did make you, dear one! ;-)

In Hebrew, created means to create, select, or feed - hmm... that's an interesting one. But doesn't God continue to feed us; body, mind, and soul? Every.single.day. Yep!

In Greek, created means to fabricate, found, form, or make. God made the world and everything in it. Read Genesis if you don't believe me.

Now, lastly, what does it mean to go back to the Father? I believe we're sent here to do His will; that we are here on a mission to help save lost souls that are otherwise condemned to Hell. We're soldiers for the Kingdom of the Lord. We're not meant for this place and we're not meant to stay here. But we are here to do good works. (Matthew 5:16, Ephesians 2:8-10, James 2:14-17) Not good works for us, but for the Glory of the Lord!

This whole process is a journey. It's not a one-and-done, black and white, zero's and ones, digital, yes or no type of process. As children of God we have to be reminded of where we come from, and to Whom we belong. [hint: not our parents]. We have go through so many refining fires, and then rest in Him. Trial after trial. It's a process that takes a lifetime.

One of my favorite analogies about who we are to God is about God being the potter and we are the clay. (Isaiah 64:8) I love pottery and I enjoy throwing clay. I'm not particularly good at it but I can get lost in making things. Every single piece is different from the next - no two are the same, but alike. 

That's us in God. We are not identical - we each have a unique heartbeat and fingerprint - but we are similar in that we are created in Him. We are for Him, and we're meant to go back to Him. Sweet one, please know today you are Of God. 

I'll talk more about this in my video which you can watch on my YouTube Channel or Rumble.


Check out the entire Who I Am Collection here.

Beautiful one, if you struggle to remember that you are of the One True Living God today, tomorrow, and every day hereafter, I created a few goodies just for you. 

'I Am of God' 31-DAY SOAP STUDY:


BIBLE JOURNALING & PLANNER STICKERS:

     


JEWELRY & ACCESSORIES:

    


Visit the His Chosen Co Gifts Etsy Shop for more jewelry and accessories!

RESOURCES & REFERENCES:

  1. You are God's Possession blog post by Wisdom Hunter's
  2. Back to the Father
  3. The Eternity of God by Bible Hub
  4. God created us in His likeness blog post by AGodMan.com
  5. Blue Letter Bible
  6. Strongs concordance

Comments